Immigration Categories

Family Class - Spouse and children


If you wish to sponsor your spouse and/or children, there are multiple options available to you. If your spouse is currently in Canada, they can be sponsored inland, without having to leave. 

As a sponsor, you must be in Canada to during the sponsorship application; if you are a Canadian citizen, you have the right to be outside the country, as long as you can satisfy visa officers that you will return to Canada when your spouse gets his/her visa. 

To have a successful application, you must satisfy officers through documentation (photos, travel tickets, phone bills, etc) that your relationship is genuine. The duration of the sponsorship is between 3-10 years.